Do you prefer an informal work culture, working on an platform and great (international) diverse colleagues?
We embrace SaaS (Software as a Service) our solutions are offered as a service, meaning accessible from everywhere.
This is also true for our developer environment, so you can work from everywhere in the world, not only from the Netherlands or at the office. Besides Dutch colleagues you will find many different nationalities, both in the office in the Hague and remotely.
We work on team spirit and therefore we organise fun events, knowledge sharing meetings and eat/drink get togethers regularly. We strive to be a diverse and internationally oriented company where everyone can be themselves and feels at home.
- An informal culture with colleagues from all over the world, both in the office in the Hague and working remotely. Standups and meetings are therefore mostly in English.
- Possibilty to work from home, office or anywhere fitting.
- Develop a software platform that will have millions of users
- You will have a senior mentor to help you grow
- Team events, knowledge sharing and eat/drink get togethers
- A healthy extensive lunch every day at the office
- Company public transport card and/or travel expenses paid
- Company laptop with free choice of OS
- Possibility to grow using mentors, access to e-books/training/courses at Packt.com and training in relevant areas (Cloud, Kubernetes, Security, Software engineering, etc...).
We are always looking for good developers, product owners or frontend specialists that love to work in a dynamic environment with modern technology. Both technical specialists and full-stack agile team members are very welcome. Our experience is that we are far more productive with 2 to 4 really good software engineers compared to a team of 20 less dedicated ones. Our selection criteria are therefore quite strict.
We focus on the passion for the job and software engineering in general and wanting to grow. We of course have room for junior or medior developers that like to be supported by senior mentors to help them grow. Three of our senior developers have more thant 25 years of experience and continue to be agile development team members.
- Diversity in programming: We mostly develop using Java, PHP, React and React-Native. We use frameworks like JBilling, ORO CRM, Flowable/Activiti, Drools, Hadoop, Camel, Kafka and RabbitMQ. Full stack development is nice if you want to work on all aspects of the platform, but a large part of our teams are specialised developers for certain languages, components or environments.
- Working on a product/platform: You are not just working on projects, but also on a growing platform. We offer the platform but also different combinations of the available components. The team discusses important issues: what does the roadmap look like, what are the variations in the product (-line), what is core and what are possible (domain specific) add-ons?
- Agile teams: Every member of an agile team at BillingHouse feels the responsibility for the end-result and can jump in where necessary doing suggestions for solutions. Dev-ops means the team is able to support the full process from development, build, deployment and operation.
- Open source communities: We partner with companies that lead open source development and contribute through code, feature requests, roadmap suggestions en exchanging ideas. We work together with other committers and we believe in the idea behind open source communities: transparency, sharing en working together on improvements.
Driven software developers, product owners and front-end specialists that want to participate in building a platform that will be used by millions of users. High volumes and fast response times in a multi-tenant environment are key. Challenges we face every day, but enjoy solving!